Sunday, November 11, 2012

Special Note, Veterans Day, 2012

 
 
To my friends, Brothers, and Sisters who spent 12 or more months in Viet Nam in combat at Bien Hoa, Chu Lai, Phan Rang, Da Nang, Con Thien, Binh Thuy, Pleiku, Phu Cat, Tan Son Nhut, Tuy Hoa, Khe Sahn, Cam Ranh Bay, Firebase Bastogne, Camp Carroll, Camp Holloway, Ca Lu, The Rockpile, Dong Hoi, Tay Ninh, My Tho, and all the others, between 1955-1975: 
 
Welcome home.  I love you.
 
And to those who remain
 
I will never forget. 
 
 
 
______________________________________________________
 
 
From a reader: "Let us not forget us vets who served in Thailand at the same time. We didn't experience combat directly but we put in 12 hour days building bombs in the hot ass sun!"  Right you are, Brother.  Here's to all you Vets who served at Don Muang, Ubon, Udorn, Korat, Takhli, U-Tapao, and Nakhon Phanom.  Let me know if I left yours out.
  
 
(To add your base name to this list, send it to eprush1@aol.com.  I invite you to send a brief message along with it, and I will post it. )

No comments: