Monday, May 19, 2008

John McCain: Hero?


This one pains me to write.

I mean, really. During an afternoon discussion of politics with Uncle Bob this Saturday, I mentioned that I at least admired John McCain's service in Viet Nam, and the fact that he was a POW (something I knew Uncle Bob could relate to), and the fact that he had refused to be released from captivity just because he was the son of a Navy Admiral. And I mentioned that McCain's injuries are still visable after all these years, undoubtedly caused by torture.

My dear Uncle Bob came unglued. Seems Uncle Bob has done some reading on John McCain, as well as knowing that McCain is a "sonofabitch," a "liar," and "a coward."

He sent me some links, which I'm sending on to you. This first one is from something called "Dissent Mag," and is quite damning. Follow the links on the web page for more information.

The next link, to submit an article by decorated Colonel David Hackworth, I'll use a quote from Uncle Bob: Hackworth says it best: No Americans except John MCain witnessed the alleged torture of John McCain, and the Commies aren't talking.

(The famous crippling of his arms is also alleged by some to be the result of his parachute drop after he was shot down, and not the result of torture by his captors. In fact, some of the narratives claim that he "spilled the beans" not from duress, but in order to hasten treatment for his injuries.)


And finally, this website, called Far From Glory, puts a cap on this whole thing.


Again please read the various links found within the links we've sent you, for a startling and depressing truth about John McCain.


I welcome your comments.


Love, EPRush

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I welcome your comments."

John McCain: Hero?

A piece Lower than Whale Shit on the bottom of the ocean.