Sunday, August 12, 2012

Weekend Update - August 12th

(Well, I can now click "Become a limo driver" off my Bucket List.  Took the white Lincoln Town Car stretch and filled it with very attractive young bridesmaids all decked out in their respective fineries, and one gorgeous bride also bedecked.  Drove them all out to a local winery and dropped them off for some occasion, I suspect it was a wedding.  All went well.  I'll be doing this off and on whenever the boss needs me.  I'm hoping it'll keep me out of trouble.  Of course, on the other hand ... My next Bucket List item?  "Become an airline pilot."  But I digress ...)
  • The London Olympics are still plodding along, and some of it is fun to watch while some of it is a tedious ordeal. But watch or not watch, it's the Olympic Games and all the athletes and participants who are to be praised and honored.  Except at FOX News? where some of the commentators have noticed there's an abundance of foreigners, dark-skinned foreigners at that, and not enough patriotic cheering of USA USA.  Here's Eight Crazy FOX Freakouts About the Olympics. 
  • Mitt Romney has finally chosen his running mate for the upcoming election, and in a smooth pandering move to the tea baggers, he picked Wisconsin congressman Paul Ryan.  You know Paul, don't you?  He's the guy who says things like he wants to help the poor by eliminating their dependence on the government.  Sort of like helping a drowning person by throwing him a rock.  He and Willard are a credit to their class.  "Mr. Ryan's Cramped Vision."
  • So let's take a little look at this Ryan character's record.  One of the Koch Brothers butt-boys, Ryan thinks scientists are intentionally attempting to mislead the public on the issues of global warming.  Scientists.  From there it just keeps getting worse.  Meet Paul Ryan.
  • Today's lesson:  Let's say you're a politician and you want to make it appear as though you're immensely more popular than you actually are.  You set up a Twitter account, and find yourself ignored by millions.  Solution?  You hire someone to supply you with fake Twitter followers.  Sure it's pathetic.  But what's a douchebag to do?
  • What's the difference between a "gunman" and a "terrorist?"  One of them is a white person.  Juan Cole explains the Top Ten Differences Between White Terrorists and Others ...

3 comments:

Alexander said...

I wonder if imaginary twitter followers lead to imaginary votes.

Jon said...

Top Ten differences between White Terrorists and Others.
White terrorists are called “gunmen.”

Well now Johnboy, I am invited to join Malo Sombrero with this benign opening: "Cool off with this week's Weekend Update!" I'm cool with that so I scroll down to to the much awaited and always humorous personal update where I smile, then onto the columns written by the usual suspects about the usual subjects and I grown and shake my head as usual but still smile then along comes this double dipped in cat shit, race baiting piece of drivel by that booger eatin' mohron Juan Cole and I feel a twinge of unexplained subjective emotion but then I calm myself and agree that I should sleep on it a night or two. I did and then decided I will take a stand and gird my loins for battle. Copy and paste this link and you will see how serious I am about this upcoming battle about Juan Cole's 'terror' definition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBr1yvgOgfQ

Let's get the ambiguous definition of terrorism out of the way, you go first, and then we'll take them on a case by case basis, OK? We may start with Jack the Ripper and go on thru Ted Bundy to the most recent rash of mass shootings by white folk, if you like, to discuss white 'terrorists'. Just remember that Ted Krasinski and Timothy McVeigh were considered domestic terrorists by the FBI, no argument there, right? But don't forget the Crips, Bloods and MS 13 Ad nauseam, or the one a day murders in the neighborhoods in Chicago, LA, Philly and on and on, you know the black on black, brown on brown epidemic in our country's inner cities, is that terrorism in their community or just another "drive by gunman" listed as "Other" and rarely seen on the MSM and.......is it ever addressed in your liberal sources? Don't forget to copy and paste the above link, I am really serious here, understand?


E.P. Rush said...

Ah my friend JonBoy blusters again. I just KNEW if I mentiond something, anything about Juan Cole you'd awaken and spew. I, as usual stand humbled before your superior intellect. And by the way, THANKS for that link. It was so interesting I watched it twice. Really.