Sunday, July 8, 2012

Weekend Update - Gettin' Hot Edition

(Well now I'm doing two-count'em-two blogs to add to my busy busy retired-ass day.  Well, actually I'm just putting the other one together for a friend-brother who has for some reason decided once again to take a grand motorcycle trip across America, by himself.  He, or his Harley actually, pulls into a cheap motel after about 500 miles every evening and writes E-mail updates.  The messages have been so exciting to read that I volunteered to post them on a blog.  Yes, yes, I know; what a sweetheart I am ... At any rate, you your very self can check out Dan Dreier's blog at your leisure.  "Travels With the Mighty Mary Ellen (And ODB)"  But I digress ... )
  • Let's start this thing off today with a funny and bizarre story.  Here's a 13-year-old kid who's chosen to make a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC).  Remember now, he was thirteen when he made this speech.  He becomes the darling of the right-wingers and is shuttled around to various other conferences and tea-bagger meetings and becomes a child star of Republican talking points. The kid's having a ball.  Then something cool happens.  The kid grows a brain, and drops conservatism like a broken skateboard.  Now, four years later, even his father calls him a "flaming liberal." The Right's reaction is hilarious.  "I Was a Right-Wing Child Star."   
  • Ever feel the hair rising on the back of your neck for no apparent reason?  Well, here's a election update story that includes the following line concerning drones:   "'Wait, you guys practice tracking enemies by using civilian cars?' a reporter asked. One Air Force officer responded that this was only a training mission, and then the group was quickly hustled out of the room."  Holy Crap.
  • Speaking of losers, why is it that the only people who are rabidly anti-gay are religious nutbags (or gay Republican congressmen)?  You've heard about these well funded religious movements that propose the idea of "praying away the gay?"  One of the largest in the country, Exodus International, is all a-twitter over something its president, Alan Chambers, said at one of their annual meetings.  Something along the lines of this: "... that there was no cure for homosexuality and that 'reparative therapy' offered false hopes to gays and could even be harmful."  Gasp.  Blasphemer!  He will burn! 
  • Update:  I know I said I was going to try to make it out to and shop at Wal-Mart.  But, well, I haven't.  Just can't bring myself to do it.  And because of stories like this one, I probably never will.
  • Let's be honest.  There are more UFO sightings than cases of voter fraud.  Why is that important, you may ask.  I'm not sure, but I'll continue anyway, and stop interrupting.  Every election year we hear the conservatives calling for changes in the voting laws because of "rampant" voter fraud perpetrated by the NAACP, ACORN, the AFL-CIO (name the union of your choice) and illegal aliens, including, I suppose, aliens from a UFO.  But what's really going on is the conservative program to eliminate liberal voters.  Click on this, and weep.

No comments: