Saturday, August 16, 2008

Dogs, Horses, and John Edwards


I am dog tired from work after being dog tired from work in Oregon. Those who assume that I live my life flitting from one tony soiree to another are badly mistaken.

Or maybe I am?

Edward's story is a sad and tawdry tale of love, aging, betrayal and desperate attempts to cover up a foolish blunder. One wonders what it is about borderline psycho women that men find them so deeply attractive.

Oddly, I've been able to stay faithful to my wife for 25 years, so I cannot tell you how deliciously creepy it must have been for Edwards to do something so self-destructive and oddly-stimulating. I am a huge fan of Elizabeth Edwards, but I can't see her using sex toys or whipped cream, and for John something as odd as that might have been his life's dream. Everyone has something that makes them act crazy, that odd bottle-blonde lady was his. Did you ever get a peek at the other woman in Prince Charles' bust up with Princess Di? Diana called her "horse face" but maybe Charles secretly had a thing for horses? Which of us can judge another? One might consider it but an alternative form of equestrianism. In the case of Edwards he may have gotten sick of having such a smart and highly-principled wife and secretly yearned for a truly deranged and not-so-bright bimbo. And what powerful men want they seem to invariably get.

Incidentally, I do not see John McCain as "powerful". I see him as "powerfully deluded" and I see a terrible train wreck about to happen. Winning by too much might be dangerous to the character of the Democratic Party, so I hope SOME Republicans win in their 2008 elections.

But Lordy do they have a lot of deadwood to clear out this year.

Arthur

No comments: