Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wednesday Update - Rapture Edition

They some Mexican teenager is screwing up the weather, they say, and I for one am a bit irritated at that. How dare she? The call her El Nina, and unlike her brother El Nino, she makes Spring wet, gray, and cold. Oh I know I shouldn't complain about the weather in our beloved Northwest (as people never fail to remind me whenever I do), but as a budding curmudgeon I feel I have a duty to uphold. Which brings me to one more little pet peeve of mine. Could someone please explain to me why people, perfect strangers mind you, feel compelled to "bless you" every freaking time you sneeze? Seems to me the only people authorized to do that are Catholic priests. And you well know how I feel about Catholic priests. So you, you pervert, and you know who you are, stop blessing me every time my allergies act up, or your liable to be present at the time of my final nervous breakdown. And it won't be a pretty sight. But I digress ...


  • And of course you've heard that the world is ending this Saturday. Oh stop whining, we've had our fun, and now it's time to pay up. By the way, when the rapture comes, can I have your car? Mark Morford, again.

  • Rick (I Dare You to Google Me) Santorum actually spoke words out of his mouth the other day that resembled "John McCain doesn't understand how torture works." Holy Moly, this guy may very well be the stupidest politician in the world. Well, okay, at least he's in the top ten. Really high on the top ten list. Really high. Check it out.

  • Okay, since the suposed rapture is coming this Saturday, I think it's really necessary that those of us who plan on being here Sunday have a plan. And guess what, I found one.

  • And you know, when you really think about it, maybe this SHOULD be the end of all this. For example: The president and CEO of a Salinas, Calif.-area public hospital district will receive nearly $4 million in retirement pay on top of his $150,000 annual pension. and that's just obscene. So I say, bring it on!

  • See you Sunday ...











No comments: