Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It's Wacky Wednesday

(Big Fat Drug Addict Rush Limbaugh has apparently expanded his disgusting personal attacks from college students to college professors.  And this particular one is hitting really close to home.  Seems that University of Oregon sociology professor Kari Norgaard has drawn the ire of Limbaugh and his Dittoheaded bloggers because of an inaccurate description of Norgaard's work that appeared in a UO news release.  It said:  “Resistance at individual and societal levels must be recognized and treated before real action can be taken to effectively address threats facing the planet from human-­caused contributions to climate change.”  Ms. Norgaard was in London last week, attending a meeting of scientists on the subject of climate change, and when she returned she found hundreds of hateful messages on her university E-mail account.  Limbaugh's bloggers spread an untrue story around the Internet that Norgaard had called climate change skeptics "sick" or "mentally ill" and in need of "psychoactive drugs."  (Come to think of it, that kinda fits El Rushit's description.)  Here's what Limbaugh himself said about Norgaard: Click Here. The really obscene thing about some of these anti-climate change fanatics, are the death threats, the obscenity-laced messages sent to scientists and activists alike, threatening to kill family members, wives, husbands, children, and pets.  What is it with these people?  What on Earth are they so afraid of?  Let's just digress at this point ...)
  • I fancy myself a fairly decent American citizen, I served my country in the military, never been arrested, contribute to charity, the whole bit.  But the Supreme Court of the United States makes me clench what's left of my teeth in disgust.  Can anyone tell me when this group of people got so politicized?  And if Antonin Scalia is so smart, why does he compare buying health care with buying broccoli?  Maureen Dowd discusses this very topic in "Men In Black."
  • Well, there goes a little more of the innocence that is childhood. Apparently the latest Hollywood adventure film concerns turning Santa, the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, etc. into Superheroes.  But Mark Morford is on the story and gives us this report. "The Day They Killed the Easter Bunny." 
  • In order to be a more "fair and balanced" blog, I give you The Republican Governor's defense of Pink Slime, without further comment.
  • I got up the other day, turned on the Today Show as usual, went to get my bowl of cereal ready, and when I came back there was that Palin woman doing co-hosting.  Damned near burned my retina.  While I quickly changed the channel to reruns of "Frasier," I hear that our dear Sarah is still coping with the same old truth-telling problems.
  • Hey, betcha didn't know this one:  Barak Obama threatened Chelsea Clinton's life to keep Bill and Hillary "quiet" about his eligibility to run for President (i.e., his "birth certificate").  Oh yeah Baby.  It's stories like this one that keeps Fox News watchers among the most ignorant people in the nation.  And they just keep on coming.

2 comments:

Montag said...

I finally read the word
"حمل " correctly...
I was familiar with "خروف " for "lamb", so keeping true
to my comic ability in reading and translating, I read "Mary had a little pregnancy"....

If one accepts this as legit, the entire thing becomes bizarre.

E.P. Rush said...

Speaking of bizarre, one can only wonder at the phrase ركوب الاطفال مجانا

"goats ride for free"?

Goats, lambs, hell, when's dinner?

(tee hee)