Saturday, July 21, 2007

From Arthur

I should start by saying that I am not always 100% thrilled by Edwards. I am just more comfortable with him becoming the Democratic nominee than any of the others in the race. He is a bit of a long- shot at present, but worth paying attention to in case Hillary and Obama hit a bump. What I like about Edwards:

1. He is an accomplished attorney, which is needed to clean up Washington
2. He appears to care about the poor, which is a big change from Bush
3. He has a plan for universal health care that may be practical
4. He is not afraid to say his vote for war in Iraq was a blunder
5. He was heavily researched by the GOP in the 2004 campaign, any dirt would have been used
6. He does not represent a political dynasty. I am dynasty-shy right now
7. He has enough money of his own to not need to chisel to get more
8. His wife is really spectacular, an antidote to Laura "the enabler" Bush
9. I think Obama would make a good Vice President, a good President in 2016
10. With Obama as his VP no Klansman would dare take a shot at Edwards
11. Obama is also an attorney, could specialize in stopping government crimes
12. I have grown uncomfortable with Hillary Clinton's voice, it sounds hollow
13. I like him better than the others. He's not perfect, but he seems the best of the lot

No comments: